Monday, 2 January 2012

Why Don't You Kill Yourself?

(The Only Ones: Why Don't You Kill Yourself)

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" he said. "That you really want to do it?"

"Yes," she said. "No. Yes. I do, I'm sure, but I'm scared."

"To be honest, I'm scared too," he said. "But we do this, nothing can scare us. Ever again. Nothing can hurt us. Ever again. And we're together now, and we will be together, after."

"Hold my hand."

He held her hand.

"Don't let go of it."

"I won't let go of it."

"I'm ready," she said.

"Sure?"

"Sure."

"On three, we jump. Don't forget, I love you, and will always love you."

She just nodded, looked down at the river.

"One," he said.

"Two," he said.

"Three!" he said.

They both stood there, on the railing of the bridge, hands pulled apart at the same time, like they'd just pulled a Christmas cracker.

After a moment, they both climbed down, saying nothing. He walked one way. She walked the other.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving this idea, and hating you for thinking of it first!

    Seriously, looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and what songs you pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers James, it'll be fun as long as I stick with it...any requests welcome!

    ReplyDelete